Locking up/stalling System

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Ackis

Locking up/stalling System

Post by Ackis »

Version: 0.7.17RC1
Install-type: Ubuntu Repo
Skin (if applicable): Default
Firewall Software: UFW
Are you using IPV6? np
Is the issue reproducible? yes

Other setup information:
  • My save directory is on a NAS /NASShare1/Complete and /NASShare1/Incomplete
  • TV shows are handled by SickBear but are saved in /NASShare1/TV
  • Movies are managed by CouchPotato but renamed by Sabnzbd. They are stored on /NASShare2/Movies
  • The CouchPotato renamer has issues with file permissions but Sabnzbd does not (hence why I'm using it). I have confirmed that both renamers are not running.
  • /NASShare1 and /NASShare2 are on the same device, just separate hard drives (ReadyNAS Duo).
  • All NAS shares are connected using samba
  • I also have another NAS but I don't believe it comes into play with the current issues.
During these periods of locking up I can connect to my machine but cannot access any services (e.g. when I ssh into it it just waits at connecting but does not refuse the connection).

I think this may have something to do with the unpacking of the files but I'm not sure how I can test this.

I'm running the sabnzbd as a daemon with its own user. The home directory for it is specified as /opt/sabnzbd and the user is sabnzbd. This user belongs to the mediausers group which has r/w permissions on /NASShare1 and /NASShare2

Log files have been redirected to /var/log/sabnzbd and the user sabnzbd has full permissions for the specific folder.

/etc/default/sabnzbdplus:

Code: Select all

# This file is sourced by /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus
#
# When SABnzbd+ is started using the init script, the
# --daemon option is always used, and the program is
# started under the account of $USER, as set below.
#
# Each setting is marked either "required" or "optional";
# leaving any required setting unconfigured will cause
# the service to not start.

# [required] user or uid of account to run the program as:
USER=sabnzbd

# [optional] full path to the configuration file of your choice;
#            otherwise, the default location (in $USER's home
#            directory) is used:
CONFIG=/opt/sabnzbd/

# [optional] hostname/ip and port number to listen on:
HOST=192.168.0.199
PORT=9090

# [optional] extra command line options, if any:
EXTRAOPTS=
My sabnzdb.error.log is empty.
sabnzbd.log is current.

On the web console I have "20 Errors listed". Most of those errors are too many connections (not sure why, the server I has allows 20 connections).

The latest 5 errors that are not connection related are:

2014-03-03 09:23:47,472	ERROR:	Saving /NASShare1/Incomplete/Filename/__ADMIN__/SABnzbd_nzo_iBbq1S failed
2014-03-03 09:20:09,402	ERROR:	Disk error on creating file /NASShare1/Incomplete/Filename/Filename.r23
2014-03-03 09:00:52,423	ERROR:	[03/Mar/2014:09:00:52] Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi.py", line 79, in setapp s, h, b = self.get_response() File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi.py", line 219, in get_response response = self.request.run(meth, path, qs, rproto, headers, rfile) File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 579, in run raise cherrypy.TimeoutError() TimeoutError
2014-03-03 09:00:52,413	ERROR:	[03/Mar/2014:09:00:52] Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi.py", line 79, in setapp s, h, b = self.get_response() File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi.py", line 219, in get_response response = self.request.run(meth, path, qs, rproto, headers, rfile) File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 579, in run raise cherrypy.TimeoutError() TimeoutError
Edit:
Forgot to mention that I did an apt-get purge yesterday and then reinstalled the sabnzbdplus. This issue was occurring before that however.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Locking up/stalling System

Post by sander »

Ah, NAS problems:

2014-03-03 09:23:47,472   ERROR:   Saving /NASShare1/Incomplete/Filename/__ADMIN__/SABnzbd_nzo_iBbq1S failed
2014-03-03 09:20:09,402   ERROR:   Disk error on creating file /NASShare1/Incomplete/Filename/Filename.r23
I would start by working around those problems by saving to a local drive. Then check if the stalls are gone
Ackis

Re: Locking up/stalling System

Post by Ackis »

sander wrote:Ah, NAS problems:

2014-03-03 09:23:47,472   ERROR:   Saving /NASShare1/Incomplete/Filename/__ADMIN__/SABnzbd_nzo_iBbq1S failed
2014-03-03 09:20:09,402   ERROR:   Disk error on creating file /NASShare1/Incomplete/Filename/Filename.r23
I would start by working around those problems by saving to a local drive. Then check if the stalls are gone
That was my first thought, but the stalls didn't correspond to those errors listed (the stalls happened far more often).

Either way it's something to test so I've moved the Complete and Incomplete folders to a different drive.