TIP - Alternate to the built in scheduler

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
activoice

TIP - Alternate to the built in scheduler

Post by activoice »

This is just something I came up with... figured someone might find it useful... it could also be used to kick off any download program that has a watch folder like uTorrent.

My ISP has a policy whereby they have a monthly usage cap, but they do not count usage between 2am and 8am. Most people would probably just use the built in schedule so that all of their downloads come down during that time...

But with DMCA requests taking down some popular binaries really quickly, I prefer to grab most things immediately.

But a lot of the time I plan to download something that is older, or something that is quite large... so I choose to download those later, but I don't really want to mess with the scheduler... because I still want to be able to download most things as soon as they are posted.. so here's my workaround that gets Windows Task Scheduler to kick off my downloads later.

I created a folder that I've called staging, and I drop any NZB that I want SAB to download later in this folder. Then I created a task in Task Scheduler to run a batch file at 2:15am to move all of the nzb files from the staging folder to the Watch folder.

Example batch file.
move C:\Downloads\Staging\*.nzb C:\Downloads\Watch\

So at 2:15am each morning, the batch file runs, and moves all of the NZBs to the Watch folder, then SAB downloads them as usual..

Anyways hope that someone finds that helpful.